Managing your emails is easy if you create separate folders to move them into.
Follow these procedures to create new folders in Yahoo:
- Create a New Folder – Click on New Folder and type in the name of your Folder. (It will automatically appear directly as a link under the Folders section).
- Move email into a Folder – Open the email you want to move, click on the Move Icon and select the folder. (It will automatically be moved to the folder you selected).
- Drag and Drop an email to a Folder –
- Point your cursor on the email you want to move.
- Hold down your left mouse key and drag the email to the folder you want to move it to.
- Let go of the left mouse key and it drops into the folder.
- Don’t worry, if you moved the email to the wrong folder, just click on the folder and follow the steps to move it to the correct folder.
- Delete an Email – Select the email you want to delete, click on the Delete Icon.
Working with Folders in Gmail is the same concept except, in order to create a new Folder follow this procedure:
- Click in the three dots next to My Files on the left hand side of the screen.
- When the box appears (links regarding Labels, Adding Labels and Sub-Labels), click on Add Sub Label.
- A New Label box will appear, type in the name of your new Folder.
- Make sure the box next to Nest label under: is checked.
- Make sure the section right below reads, My Files.
- Click Create and your new folder appears under the Mile Files section.
There is also another way to add Folders in Gmail. Follow these procedures:
- When you are viewing an email and have it open, a series of icons will appear at the top part of your screen.
- Click on the Icon for Labels to pull up the Label menu.
- Once the Label Menu appears, select Create new.
- When the New Label box appears, type in the name of your new Folder.
- Make sure you click inside the box Nest label under:
- Click on the down arrow in the box right below Nest Label under: and select the Folder you want to add your new folder to.